Healthy Dabeli Wrap – Recipe Gluten free, Dairy free and Oil free.
Dabeli is a dish from my very own Kutch, Gujarat and I love it. But the original form of it has a lot of oil and refined flour bread in it. So to make it healthier, I make this healthy Dabeli wraps. which gives me taste of the dabeli and I am not worried because its super healthy.
As a Gujrati, most evenings of the week we have dinners like dabeli, sandwich, handva, samosa and more and I try to make it just as healthy as I can. So if you are looking to loose weight and eat your tasty dishes too – just replace junk with healthy just like me. I am going to share more junk replacing recipes here but for now check some recipes I have already shared here.
Now lets get in to the Healthy Dabeli Wrap Recipe:
For the Healthy Dabeli Wrap:
I don’t have the quantity measurement for this but its a simple dough like we would make for chapati – so make it accordingly.
- Rice flour
- Just mix all of this and make it in to a dough.
- Make rotis/ flat bread with ur hand a cook like you would cook any roti.
For the Healthy Dabeli Wrap Masala:
- 1/2 cup Corriander seeds
- 1.5 tbsp of Fennel seeds/ variyali
- 2 tbsp of Jeera
- 5 Kashmiri Red Chilli
- 1 tsp of Dagad full powder
- 2 sticks of Cinnamon
- 5 Cloves
- 1 big black Cardomom
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4-5 tbsp of Dry Coconut Powder
- 2 tbsp of Kharek Powder
- 4-5 tamarind Pieces
- 1 tsp of amchur Powder
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of Dry Ginger Powder/ Sonth
Dry Roast all the masalas on a slow flame. Cool and grind it. Cool and store in a bottle outside for 3 months. I personally store it in the freezer and stays good for months.
For the Stuffing of the Healthy Dabeli Wrap:
- 6 Raw Bananas, steamed/ boiled and mashed.
- 2 green capsicums, chopped finely
- 2 tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 3-5 tbsp of date and tamarind chutney ( mithi Chutney) (I would suggest make more and add as required as per your taste)
You would also need this chutney to put on the wrap.
- Saute the capsicum and tomatoes for 5 minutes without oil.
- Add the dabeli masala about 2 tbsp (plz check and add or less as per your taste).
- Now add the mashed bananas.
- Add Dates Chutney and cook for 5 minutes.
For the Masala Peanuts to be added in the Healthy Dabeli Wrap:
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1/2 tsp of home made peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli Powder
- 1/4tsp of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp of jeera powder
- Split the roasted Peanuts.
- Mix together all the dry powders.
- Add this to the peanuts and mix well with peanut butter.
Assembling the Healthy Dabeli Wrap:
- Take one Roti
- Apply dates chutney on it
- Add the stuffing
- Add Pomegranate and roasted Peanuts
- Close the wrap and have it as it is or Just cook a little again on the tawa.
Looks quite a bit for the first time but if the masala is ready it hardly takes any time.
If you try this recipe, let me know in the comments below and if you share it on Instagram do tag me.
There are a lot of recipes on my Instagram too – do check it by clicking here.