Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe – refined sugarfree, oil free
Vegan chocolate cake has been my favourite guilt free cake ever. I can enjoy it over and over without any guilt.
For my husbands birthday I baked a vegan chocolate cake and everyone literally loved it. Frankly, I wasn’t expecting much but I was hoping they like it. But my husband literally told me, this time your cake is amazing. The only reason for this was a lot of frosting. My family is used to eating non vegan cakes with a lot cream and this has to happen then .
The Vegan chocolate cake really turned out moist and creamy and I am waiting for my anniversary to make it all over again.
Before wasting any further time, lets get in to the recipe for vegan chocolate cake.
Ingredient for the Vegan chocolate cake:
- 1.5 cup of powdered jaggery. (start small and add if required)
- 1/2 cup of deseeded dates
- 1/4th cup desiccated coconut.
- 1 tbsp of flax seed powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 1.5 cups of non dairy milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1.25 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder. (start with 1/4th and add if required, I did the same and I had to add a lot, it depends on how strong your cocoa powder is)
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of refined salt. ( add more if required)
Method to bake the vegan chocolate cake:
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes
- In a blender add first the ingredients till the coconut milk and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients to make a nice pouring batter.
- If the batter is thick add more non dairy milk to make a pouring consistency.
- Pour in a baking mould lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in an oven (otg) at 180 degree C for 45-50 minutes or till a knife inserted comes out clean.
- let the cake cool before demoulding.
While the cake is baking lets make the frosting:
Ingredients for the vegan chocolate cake frosting:
- 1 cup of cashews which are to be soaked for four hours.
- 1 to 1.5 cups of dates depending on sweetness.
- water/ non dairy milk
- Coco powder 3/4th cup or as per taste. ( start with 1/2 cup)
Blend all this together to make a chocolate cream.
Now when the cake is ready. Let it cool then spread this cream all over the cake. Let it cool in the refrigerator overnight so that the frosting thickens bit.
For extra creaminess, I divided the cake in two layers and added some frosting in the centre too.
I followed a youtube tutorial to make the cook look good. So used a fork to make those designs on the cake.
Enjoy your guilt free cake. Because it is refined sugar free, dairy free, oil free and refined flour free too.
Also you don’t have to worry about calories and fats from cashews and coconut. You re not going to have this cake all at once so all the calories and fats are divided ( though they are all goo fats)
You may also like to bake a whole wheat bread.
Try the simplest recipe to make cheese.
The recipe for the cake is taken from Instagram.but since I don’t consume beetroot, I changed it a little to make it jain vegan.