Whole Wheat Bread | Brown Bread | Aata Bread | No Oil Bread | Vegan
Whole wheat bread recipe was the most demanded for from my Instagram followers.
I am posting here after straight three months I guess. This is only and only for people who show genuine interest in my recipes or in anything I do. I love you people and I’m thankful for the love you give me.
I love breads. I Love sandwiches and our Pav bhaji. But eating the bread full of refined flour made me super guilty and I could never get the taste of store bought brown breads – they are more like caramelised refined flour bread. Hence had to learn making whole wheat bread
I did a class on breads and tried only two breads of all till now. One of the two is the brown bread/ whole wheat bread. I am in love with this whole wheat bread. its super quick. There isn’t much work in making a bread. The only thing is You must be pre-planned and make it while you are cooking or doing any other thing while at home. so, you don’t waste any time will the dough is rising.
Let’s get in to the recipe of whole wheat bread.
- 2 cups of Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tsp of jaggery powder or date paste (I Use jaggery powder most time)
- 1 tsp of dried yeast
- 1 tsp rock salt
- Prepare water – you need Luke warm water for making breads. to get the right temperature, I boil 1/4th of the water and mix it to the other 3/4th of water.
- In a glass bowl add this water, followed by jaggery powder and yeast. Give it a gentle mix with a spoon and cover it. keep is aside for 15 mins or until the mixture is frothy on top.
- Take a pan add the whole-wheat flour, salt and water and make a dough. cover it with a kitchen towel and keep it aside for two hours.
- After the dough, has risen, punch it up for good 15-20 mins. Prepare the bread container – use a parchment paper. you don’t need any oil to grease the container.
- Put the dough in the bread container and keep it aside for another 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, bake it for 20-30 mins at 180 degree Celsius. Check with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean, the bread is ready or bake it for some more time. (you will learn when u make it)
If you use the exact measurement, you cant go wrong with the recipe. With some experience you will be able to make perfect ones. once I make the gluten free bread, I will surely share the recipes.
This was not pre planned blog post, so I don’t have pictures of the process. But I would add it when I make the bread, next time.
Please note this not a jain recipe, Jains don’t use yeast – but I haven’t reached there and use yeast in my breads.
You may also like to bake a chocolate cake.
Nourish your cell and soul,